Universal’s City Walk
- Universal CityWalk is officially one of the hottest destinations in Orlando when it comes to entertainment and fine dining. It’s a huge 30 acre complex, where you’ll find a wide range of great restaurants, live music, shops, movie theaters and more. Universal City Walk is also home to the world’s largest Hard Rock Café. It’s a great place to bring the kids for a special evening out, or alternatively, dance the night away with older friends after the sun’s gone down.
Dining at Universal’s CityWalk
- Ever wanted to experience the world’s largest Hard Rock Café? You’ll find it right here at Universal’s CityWalk. Sample an intriguing burger / sushi combination at The Cowfish, or grab some enchiladas at Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food.
There’s a huge array of places to eat, but don’t worry, if you just want a light snack, there’s plenty of places to grab a bite to eat.
Here’s a few helpful tips designed to help you have a great time at CityWalk.
- Get your souvenirs. Rather than buying in Universal Studios, it’s far easier to get everything you need right here.
- Take a photo of where you’ve parked. It’s really easy to forget where you’ve left the car, and you don’t want to be hunting around for hours when you’re ready to go home.
- It’s great for people watching If you want a quieter day, go to a café and watch the people go by.
- Night-life. If you’re looking for a night out, Universal CityWalk is one of the best places to go.
- Special events. There are often special events taking place at CityWalk, so it’s a good idea to check what’s on before you go.
The Best Things to do at Universal’s CityWalk
CityWalk is a great place to spend some down-time relaxing after a long day at the theme parks.
- CityWalk Hollywood Drive-in golf. This is mini-golf, but not as you might know it! Lights, music and interactive greens make this a unique experience.
- Fireworks displays. Watching a fireworks display is the best way to finish a fun day at Orlando’s theme parks. CityWalk does fireworks particularly well, and it’s definitely worth watching one of their displays.
- Hard Rock Café. As the world’s biggest Hard Rock Café, this restaurant is an experience in itself. Great food, great atmosphere and a wonderful place for a special night out.
- Blue Men Group. The world-famous Blue Men group perform at CityWalk and provide fabulous entertainment for the whole family.
- Margaritaville. If you’re looking for a place with atmosphere, this is it. Be warned, you may need to book in advance.
(Times may vary, check the official Universal Studios site for details.)
- It’s completely free to get into Universal’s City Walk.
How to Get There:
- It’s easy to find Universal CityWalk; just leave the I4 at Exit 75a. There is parking available if required.