Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure breathes life into all your favorite cartoons, children’s stories and myths; with a wide variety of thrilling rides, lively shows and interactive attractions. Highlights include the 3D ‘Amazing Adventures of Spiderman’, Jurassic Park River Adventure, Harry Potter’s ‘Flight of the Hippogriff’, the cartoon and comic-strip characters at Toon Lagoon, and the hilarious ‘Cat in the Hat’ ride.
Places to Dine at Islands of Adventure
- There are absolutely loads of places to eat at Islands of Adventure. The Suess-themed Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous will delight the kids, or adults may prefer to visit the award-winning Mythos Restaurant.There are plenty of places to grab a quick snack before heading to the next ride, with juice bars, ice-cream stores and cafes round every corner.
Here’s some tips to help you get the most from your Islands of Adventure experience.
- Prepare to get wet. Many of the rides at Islands of Adventure like to give you a soaking, so you may want to bring a change of clothes.
- Know the height requirements. Some of the rides require you to be a certain height, so do ensure that you check which ones your kids can ride on before going.
- Good parking If you pay a bit extra you can park closer to the attraction, which can really help if you’ve got younger children.
- Arrive early. Islands of Adventure gets really busy and it’s a good idea to arrive at least half an hour before the gates open.
- Buy in advance. Purchasing your tickets in advance will save you lots of time.
The Best Rides at Islands of Adventure
There’s plenty of great attractions at this animal-themed park. Here’s some of the best.
- Cat in the Hat. If you’ve got younger children who love Dr Suess, this ride is unmissable. It’s vibrant, madcap and a lot of fun.
- Pteranadon flyers. Experience the sensation of soaring like a prehistoric creature on this novel rollercoaster ride.
- Doctor Doom’s Fear Fall. As the name suggests, you’re taken up very high, then you plummet back down to the ground. Not for the faint-hearted.
- Incredible Hulk. This is a high intensity, high thrill rollercoaster. Hold on to your hats… and your stomachs!
- Jurassic Park River Adventure. Sail down the river and spot some truly terrifying dinosaurs. Prepare to get wet at the end!
(Times may vary, check the official Universal Studios site for details.)
- Ticket prices vary, please click here for further details.
How to Get There:
- It’s easy to get to Universal Studios; simply leave the I4 at Exit 75a. There is parking available if required.