Do I need travel insurance?
The answer is Yes; if you’re planning a vacation with us in Florida and you don’t have travel insurance, you could incur medical expenses should you have an accident or lose money, due to an unforeseen cancellation or interrupted trip.
Following is a quick checklist which you can run through if you’re questioning whether to buy travel insurance or not:
Travel Insurance Checklist
- Are you going to be traveling more than 100 miles from home?
- Are you already concerned that an injury may affect your vacation?
- Are you price conscious about your travel arrangements, without contingency for medical expenses or lost travel payments.
- Does your trip include prepaid home rentals with us, car rental or ticketed events?
- Are you traveling during a period of risk of severe weather, such as hurricane season?
Travel insurance isn’t always necessary, for example a short trip to see relatives by road would not require travel insurance, unless you’re traveling coast to coast. However, anyone traveling abroad or long distance should consider travel insurance as a good investment. If you need to cancel a vacation in an emergency and you’re past the cancellation deadline, you would lose that payment without adequate travel insurance. If yourself or a loved one had an unforeseen accident whilst on vacation, travel insurance will help with unforeseen medical expenses. It can also add an extra level of protection when traveling with little ones. Children can often be added to your plan for little or no additional cost.
When you are considering which plan to opt for, it helps to take an inventory of the components of your trip. Pre-paid vacation home rental, car rental and event tickets can be costly if forfeited due to unexpected circumstances. If these costs are included within the total pre-paid cost of your vacation, then a comprehensive travel insurance plan can protect you, should your trip be either cancelled or interrupted.