- Downtown Disney is a lively, bustling area; with phenomenal restaurants, a variety of shops and great entertainment on offer. The area is home to the biggest Disney store in the world, and there’s also a huge bowling alley, cinema and indoor theme park. It’s also a great place to head to if you’re looking for a great meal out with the family. Downtown Disney is made up of the Marketplace, Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney West Side.
Where to Eat at Downtown Disney
- When you get to Downtown Disney, you’ll soon realize that you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to eating. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen is a great place to head, or alternatively Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria brings a taste of Italy to the Sunshine State.There are also plenty of places to grab a quick snack, and kids will definitely want to be taken for an ice cream or two at Haagen Dazs. Be warned, Downtown Disney gets busy in the evening, so if you want a restaurant meal, you might need to book ahead.
Need to know how to get the most from your Downtown Disney experience? Here’s how.
- The Marketplace Co-op in Downtown Disney is the best place to go if you want Disney themed merchandise.
- Panicked about getting your shopping home? Ask for it to be shipped. There’s a small fee, but it’s a lot less stressful than trying to pack things into your luggage.
- Free lunch Join the Earl of Sandwich eClub and you’ll get a free brownie, plus a free sandwich coupon if it’s your birthday!
- If it’s raining, Disney Quest is a great place to go. It’s all indoors and the kids will have great fun on the virtual rides and video games.
- Parking is a little bit limited at Downtown Disney. so you might want to take public transport instead.
The Best Places to go in Downtown Disney
There’s lots of things to see and do at Downtown Disney. Here’s the highlights.
- Disney Quest. Fancy being a human pinball or riding Cyberspace Mountain? This indoor theme park offers loads of fun for all the family.
- Cirque du Soleil. The world’s most famous circus extravaganza is at Downtown Disney and it makes the perfect special treat when you’re on vacation in Orlando.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes. This is another ideal activity if the weather isn’t so great – ten-pin bowling!
- DJ Kids Party at the Waterside stage. Get the children clapping along to this high-energy show.
- AMC Movies. This is the finest place to catch a movie if you’re staying in one of our vacation rentals in Orlando.
- Downtown Disney Marketplace: 10am – 11pm
- Downtown Disney West Side: 10:30am – 11pm
- Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: 11am – 1am
(Times may vary, check the official Disney website for details.)
- Ticket prices vary, please click here for further details.
How to Get There:
- It’s really easy to get to Downtown Disney; simply leave the I4 at Exit 67. There is complimentary parking at the attraction.