August 11, 2018 by Florida Premier Rentals
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is one of Orlando’s finest water-based attractions. With a huge variety of exhilarating water slides, rushing rapids and raft rides down fantastically indolent lazy rivers; there’s something to appeal to both older and younger members of the family. There’s even a sandy beach to relax on, plus plenty of marine-life to spot; or even to snorkel with, should you want to!
Dining at Typhoon Lagoon
- There’s some great options when it comes to eating at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. All eateries are counter-service and offer a variety of different cuisines. Typhoon Tilly’s serves up fried shrimp, BBQ pork sandwiches and other delicious fast-food, Leaning Palms is the place to go for a Burger and a beer, and Happy Landings Ice Cream always keeps a smile on the kids’ faces!
If you’re staying in one of our vacation rentals in Orlando and you’re visiting Typhoon Lagoon, here’s some tips to help make your day as fabulous as possible.
- Take a picnic. There’s plenty of places serving good at Typhoon Lagoon, but there’s also several spots to eat your own.
- Bring water shoes. You’ll be walking around a lot completely barefoot, and if you need to go to the toilet, water shoes can help protect your feet.
- Rent a locker. If you have valuables, don’t worry, there are lockers at Typhoon Lagoon in which you can store your things.
- Make it waterproof. You’ll want to take photos, so make sure your camera can cope with the water!
- Bring your own towels. You can rent towels there, but of course, you’ll have to pay. It’s cheaper to simply pack your own.
The Best Attractions at Typhoon Lagoon
There are plenty of amazing water slides and attractions at Typhoon Lagoon. Here’s some of the best.
- Humunga Kowabunga. This is one of the most exhilarating big-drop water slides in the park. You have been warned…
- Shark Reef. This amazing experience allows you to snorkel with sharks, fish and other creatures of the sea in this man-made coral reef.
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf pool. Suitable for all the family, this is a great place to splash about and have fun.
- Keelhaul Falls. Ride your inner tube down Mount Mayday on this fun, fast-paced raft ride.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher. This is a multi-passenger water slide, with plenty of drops and lots of speed!
- Opening hours vary, please visit the official Busch Gardens site for further details.
- Ticket prices vary, please click here for further details.
How to Get There:
- From Orlando, take the I4 to the I75. Go north, then take the Fowler avenue exit (265). Bear left on to Fowler Avenue, then head west to Mckinley Drive. Proceed south on Mckinley to Busch Gardens. Parking is available.