Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, visitors can get up close and personal with some of the world’s most exotic animals; whilst experiencing big adventures at the same time! It’s one of the largest animal theme parks in the world, and whilst exploring, you can visit 6 exciting zones; Discovery Island, Africa, Oasis, Asia, Dinoland, Rafaiki’s Planet, and USA areas. Disney’s Animal Kingdom is home to 1,700 animals in total.
Where to Eat at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- As you might expect, many of the restaurants, cafes and eateries at Disney’s Animal Kingdom are based on a distinctly wild theme. The Rainforest Café is one of the most visually impressive places to have a meal, and Yak & Yeti is also a fun place to eat.There’s also plenty of places you can grab a quick snack, such as Dino Bite Snacks and Harambe Fruit Market.
Want to find out how to get the most out of your time at the Animal Kingdom? Here’s some great tips.
- Arrive early for safari. If you want to see the most animals, it’s generally accepted that heading to Kilimanjaro Safaris early in the morning is the best time to achieve this.
- Get there when it opens. Disney’s Animal Kingdom closes earlier than other theme parks in Orlando, so you need to arrive early to maximize on your time there.
- Bring a change of clothes If you’re planning to go on Kali River Rapids, there’s a good chance you’ll get really wet. A change of tee and shorts is a good idea!
- Ride solo. If you’re okay with riding alone, you’ll find that the single rider lines are always a lot shorter.
- Look out for the secret path! We’ll give you a clue, it’s on the way to Harambe Village, after the Tree of Life. Have fun seeking it out…
The Best Rides at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
There’s plenty of great attractions at this animal-themed park. Here’s some of the best.
- Kilimanjaro Safari. Of course, this is a real highlight, and lets your kids experience seeing a wide variety of wild animals.
- Kali River Rapids. Climb aboard and prepare to get drenched on this white-water rapids-style ride.
- Dinosaur. Based on Disney’s film. Dinosaur, this ride transports you back in time to the Cretaceous era, where you’ll come face to face with dinosaurs.
- Expedition Everest. This is probably Animal Kingdom’s most exciting ride. This roller coaster features plenty of fun special effects, not to mention a huge yeti; and there’s plenty of thrills along the way.
- It’s tough to be a bug. This 4D adventure focuses on the secret life of insects, and is based on Disney’s ‘A Bug’s Life’ movie.
- 9am – 5pm (Times may vary, check the official Disney website for details.
- Ticket prices vary, please click here for further details.
How to Get There:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom is easy to get to, and is well signposted. Simply leave the I4 at Exit 65. Parking is available by the theme park.